It's no surprise that visitors come by land and sea for the distinctive shopping opportunities in Portland, Maine. The city offers a diverse shopping landscape, teeming with specialty shops and galleries and opportunities to bring home a locally-made treasure from a downtown shop or gallery. Scour the outlets for high fashion and designer garb, discover antique stores full of curiosities and nautical collectibles, or browse specialty food shops for Maine-made edibles and local seafood – it's all here in coastal Maine at the edge of beautiful Casco Bay.
The Old Port district of Portland is lined with one-of-a-kind boutiques featuring Maine-made and imported goods. Stroll the cobblestone streets and find shops and galleries, specialty shops and gifts for dog lovers, cooks, and fashionistas. Sample the local tourmaline jewelry, then sample a refreshment from a local coffee shop.
Unique Shops and Galleries
- Bubble Maineia Tea Shop - 15 Temple St. Portland
- Bridge Gallery - 568 Congress St. Portland
- Aucocisco Gallery - 89 Exchange St. Portland
- Fore River Gallery - 613 Congress St. Portland
- Porte 4 - 366 Fore St. Portland
- Cross jewelry - 570 Congress St. Portland
- Springers Jewelry- 580 Congress St. Portland
Additional Shopping Highlights
- Freeport USA: Freeport is internationally recognized as a world-class shopping destination, Freeport offers over 200 upscale outlets, designer shops and eclectic boutiques along with L.L. Bean Flagship Store.
- Kittery Premium Outlets: Kittery Premium Outlets, located on Route 1 near the Southern Maine Beach area, offers shoppers savings of 25 - 65% every day at over 60 stores. Kittery, ME
- The Maine Mall: The Maine Mall is the State of Maine's biggest and most exciting shopping experience featuring over one million square feet of retail space. Along with the state’s largest Macy’s department store, Best Buy, JCPenney and Sears, the mall has several first to market and/or state-exclusive fashion and specialty. South Portland, ME