Known as the "lighthouse state", Maine's coastline is punctuated with more than 60 unique lighthouses. Once these guiding lights of the seacoast warned ships of imminent danger and directed them back to shore. These structures still dot the coastline of Maine and there are six located in and around Portland within a 30 or less minute loop from the hotel.
Ask our concierge for directions and a free city and vicinity map to help you discover these historic treasures.
- Portland Head Lighthouse / Casco Bay
- Two Lights: Portland Breakwater Light and Spring Point Light and Lobster Shack Restaurant / Portland Harbor
- Portland Headlight / Casco Bay
- Cape Elizabeth Light / Cape Elizabeth
- Portland Breakwater Light / Portland harbor
- Ram Island Ledge / Offshore Portland
- Whaleback Light / Fort Foster Park, Kittery
- Cape Neddick / York Beach
- Goat Island Light / Kennebunkport